Mt Van Hoevenberg To Host Sliding Events Throughout the Month of March
When and where
Date and time
About this event
The New York State Olympic Regional Development Authority has a full slate of sliding events scheduled for March at the Mt Van Hoevenberg Sliding Center. The grand finale for the month will be the North American Cup (NAC) bobsled and skeleton races March 21-26, which will close out the International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation (IBSF) season and make final determinations for NAC’s overall season rankings.
The following is a list of sliding events scheduled at Mt Van Hoevenberg in March:
- March 4-5 | Norton USA Youth Nationals | Luge
- March 7-15 | OMEGA IBSF Youth Series, Youth Olympic Games Qualifier | Monobob and Skeleton
- March 11-12 | Norton USA Junior National Championships | Luge
- March 14-18 | USA Para Nationals | Bobsled and Skeleton
- March 14-19 | USABS Nationals, USA Team Trials | Bobsled and Skeleton
- March 21-26 | IBSF North American Cup | Bobsled and Skeleton
The mile-long luge, bobsled and skeleton track at Mt Van Hoevenberg will be the site of the 2025 IBSF World Championships March 3-16, 2025. The newly modernized facility at 31 Van Hoevenberg Way in Lake Placid also includes a world class Nordic Center with 55 kilometers of cross-country skiing trails, as well as a refrigerated push start ice house inside the Mountain Pass Lodge. Guests can recreate on the cross-country skiing trails and indoor climbing center and spectate the sliding events each day. The sliding competitions are free and open to the public.
Event times and information subject to change and not guaranteed.